Swimmers progress from Junior Transition Squad into the Junior Squad upon advice from the coaching panel. Swimmers will further develop their swimming and racing skills learnt from the Junior Transition Squad. Body position, technique and discipline surrounded by great work ethic are the hallmark of this squad.
Coach: Josh Barila & Natalie Vercher
Attendance Requirement: 2 sessions per week
Training Venue: Mildura Waves Aquatic & Leisure Centre
- Understand all 4 competitive strokes.
- Be able to complete at 100m freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and 50m butterfly under FINA rules.
- Be able to complete a tumble turn.
- Confidently dive off a block.
- Contain stamina, perseverance, and endurance to complete the 1-hour training sessions.
Progression: When technique and speed is at the required level upon the coaching panels advice & when swimmers can confidently compete in distances listed on the Victorian Country Qualifying Times document for their age group.
Equipment required: Kickboard, flippers, pull buoy, equipment bag, bathers, drink bottle, goggles, club cap.
Competitions: Click here for competition expectations
- Swimmers are expected to attend training on your specified night.
- Swimmers are expected to let the know if you are unable to make a session.
- Swimmers are expected to train to the best of their ability and be courteous to fellow swimmers and the coach.
- Any swimmers being disruptive will be asked to sit out for the remainder of that session – continued disruption will result in your position in the squad be re-evaluated.
- Swimmers must turn up to training on time and with the mindset to train to the best of their ability.
- Willingness to keep progressing up the squad structure.
Refunds: No refunds or make-up sessions are available, should you miss a session.
Annual Mildura Swimming Club Membership: All swimmers training is required to purchase a membership through Swim Central. Memberships start from 1st July – 30th June each season.
Monday, 4pm - 5pm
Wednesday, 4pm - 5.15pm