JUNIOR TRANSITION SQUAD
This squad provides a transition from learn to swim lessons to competitive squad training. The squad caters for the development of swimmers who are beginning their competitive swimming experiences. Sessions focus on developing skills in all four strokes, turns and starts in preparation for competitions.
Coach: Josh Barila
Expected Time in Squad: 1-3 years
Attendance Requirement: 1 session per week
Training Venue: Mildura Waves Aquatic & Leisure Centre
- Understand all 4 competitive strokes.
- Be able to complete at least 50m freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke with correct technique and learning the foundations of butterfly.
- Swimmers must be able to swim a distance of approx. 1km in a 45-min session.
Progression: When technique and speed is at the required level upon the coaching panels advice & when swimmers can confidently compete in 50m events.
Equipment required: Kickboard, flippers, pull buoy, equipment bag, bathers, drink bottle, goggles, club cap.
Competitions: Expected to compete at Sunraysia Pennant Competitions and MSC Time Trials.
- Swimmers are expected to attend training on your specified night.
- Swimmers are expected to let the know if you are unable to make a session.
- Swimmers are expected to train to the best of their ability and be courteous to fellow swimmers and the coach.
- Any swimmers being disruptive will be asked to sit out for the remainder of that session – continued disruption will result in your position in the squad be re-evaluated.
- Swimmers must turn up to training on time and with the mindset to train to the best of their ability.
- Willingness to keep progressing up the squad structure.
Training Fee's: $190.00 - payment plans are available
Refunds: No refunds or make-up sessions are available, should you miss a session.
Annual Mildura Swimming Club Membership: All swimmers training is required to purchase a membership through Swim Central. Memberships start from 1st July – 30th June each season.
Monday, 4pm - 4:45pm