The State Squad is for those swimmers who, according to the coaching panel, have progressed with technique, fitness, work ethic, attendance, and commitment beyond the Country Squad. Swimmers have achieved at least 3 qualifying times for Country Championships and have achieved 2 Victorian and/or South Australian State Championships Qualifying Times OR has been identified to obtain a qualifying time.
Coach: Josh Barila & Natalie Vercher
Expected Time in Squad: 3-4 years
Attendance Requirement: 5 sessions per week
Training Venue: Mildura Waves Aquatic & Leisure Centre
Progression: When technique, speed and commitment is at the required level upon the coaching panels advice.
Equipment required: net bag, goggles + spare pair, kick board, fins (DMC brand recommended), pull buoy, bathers, water bottle, MSC Swim Cap, finger paddles, snorkel, theraband for arms, skipping rope & foam roller.
Competitions: Expected to compete at club/district-based competitions. Encouraged to compete at Victorian events and Victorian & South Australian Championship events if achieved qualifying times.
- Swimmers are expected to attend training on your specified night.
- Swimmers are expected to let the know if you are unable to make a session.
- Swimmers are expected to train to the best of their ability and be courteous to fellow swimmers and the coach.
- Any swimmers being disruptive will be asked to sit out for the remainder of that session – continued disruption will result in your position in the squad be re-evaluated.
- Swimmers must turn up to training on time and with the mindset to train to the best of their ability.
- Swimmers are expected to be committed to attend regular training sessions. Failure to attend regular training sessions with no explanation will result in your position in the squad be re-evaluated.
- Willingness to keep progressing up the squad structure.
- Recommend joining Sunraysia Academy of Sport for gym, athlete education and technique-based swim training.
Training Fee's: $320.00 - payment plans are available
Refunds: No refunds or make-up sessions are available, should you miss a session.
Annual Mildura Swimming Club Membership: All swimmers training is required to purchase a membership through Swim Central. Memberships start from 1st July – 30th June each season.
Monday, 4.45pm - 6.45pm
Tuesday, 6am - 7.30am
Wednesday, 4.45pm - 6.45pm
Thursday, 6am - 7.30am
Friday, 4.45pm - 6.45pm